Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My next BIG event is ...

The Wipro San Francisco Marathon on June 16th.  I can't believe it's only 45 days away! 


Looks like I am going to have a lot of fun!  Hills, hills, hills!

Between now and then I have the following races:

May 5th -   Cinco de Mayo 10k

On a separate note, this year I entered the ballot for the 2014 London Marathon. According to the race organizers, the ballot closed after 11.5 hours when it reached 125,000 registrants. Oh, wish me good luck! My ultimate running goal is to complete all the World Marathon Majors ( Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, New York and the newly added Tokyo) and beat Oprah's marathon time hehehe. Now,  seriously,  I'll be happy with a BQ.


What about you? Do you have an ultimate running goal? What is it?

14 comments:

  1. Keep going Ciry, Y mucha suerte para Londres. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Tomás! A ver cuando te vienes a San Diego a correr!

      Delete
  2. You know my next goal. First Boston, next not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qué bueno, me encanta San Francisco, pero eso sí: hills, hills, hills...

    Yo pude entrar en el ballot de Londres. Si no salgo probablemente vaya a Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Las cuestas las llevo un poco mal pero bueno aqui estamos con los "hill repeats"... entrenando. A ver si nos vemos en Londres!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. After having just ran the Rock n Roll in SF I can't imagine running a full marathon there. That elevation chart makes me want to cry just looking at it. At least you have had some practice with those killer hills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasha - I signed up for the full right after the RnR SFO. I fell in love with that race. I better do my hill repeats now or I'll pay later. OMGoodness!

      Are you running RnR Portland or Seattle?

      Delete
  5. Me han hablado muy bien del maraton de San Francisco. Animo con lo que te queda y esas dos medias que tienes por delante, Ciry!

    Me acorde de ti en Madrid cuando corria por el Parque del Oeste ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que honores Yoli! Muchiiisimas gracias!!! Te deje un mensaje pero no se si lo vistes. Enhorabuena de nuevo por tu carrera. Eres una maquina! Yo quitaria lo de pingüina :)

      Delete
  6. I'll be in SF too! I'm only doing the half this year though. The hills are pretty early on and while they are really steep they are pretty short hills. Pace yourself and you'll be fine! its the long gradual inclines like through golden gate park that bothered me more! :oP LOVe this race though. This will be my 5th one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Monika. I am really nervous about this race and the hills but I am training like never before. We'll see! I signed up after completing the Transamerica last month. I really fell in love with the city all over again. I would like to meet you in San Francisco. I am running with a large group. Let's make it happen!

      Delete
  7. I'll be at SF too, but I'm going SLOWWWW (5:00 to 6:00 hours) since I'm doing another the next day.

    The good thing about SF is the course is beautiful, and it's usually nice and cool. (in the summer no less). The tough things are the crowding from the halfers (first and second have BOTH..they sell a LOT of halfer slots) and the hills...not a PR course.

    But it is a marathon you HAVE to do at least once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      What are you running next day? The Worth The Hurt? Let's meet!

      Delete