I know I am a little bit late with this post but better late than never, right? I've been able to complete almost all my runs so far. During week 13, I ran 5 miles on Wednesday, 4 miles on Thursday, practiced Bikram Yoga the same day and ran 10 miles on Sunday. I was supposed to run 18 miles that day but I couldn't. I left home very late, around 8:00am, and it got very hot out there, in the 100s. When I reached the 9 mile marker, I was completely dehydrated, extremely hungry and had a terrible case of chaffing.
The highlight this week was that I found a nice place to run, Lake Miramar. It's a 5 mile loop. It has markers, bathroom, porta potties and even a water fountain. What else can you ask for?
On week 14, we went to Portland (OR). We didn't have time to complete our mid-week runs as we were busy celebrating birthdays but we had a nice run on Sunday with temperature closer to the one in New York City. I hope. See my Portland Half Marathon recap.
Few more weeks. I can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment