Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NYC Marathon Training: Week 4 ( July 25h -31th)

This was a crazy week. I was supposed to run 4 miles on Thursday but I forgot to bring my running shoes to work that day. Since I didn’t wake up at 5:00 am to go to Bikram Yoga, I decided to go to class in the afternoon and do my run the following day. On Friday, I forgot my sport bra. There is no way I was going to go for a run without it. On the other hand, I didn’t want to miss any runs this week. I decided to wake up at 6:30 am on Saturday and go for a 5 miles run instead(4 miles + interest☺). I had a 10 hour Bikram Yoga seminar scheduled for that day. You can read more about it, here

As you can imagine, on Sunday, I was extremely sore. My hubby and I took turns running and playing with the kids. As you know, he is also training for the New York City Marathon. We are following similar training programs. We both had to run 9 miles that day. He went out first. I started around 11:30ish. It was hot. Too HOT. It is unusual for me to complain about the heat but going up the hills with temperatures reaching 90s was not fun. Next time, I’ll start first.

This was my weekly summary.

Mon: REST
Tue: 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:30am + 3 lunch-run (hills)
Wed: 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:00pm + 3 lunch-run (hills)
Thu: 90-min Bikram Yoga at 4:30pm
Fri: 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:00am
Sat: 5-mile run + BY posture clinic + 90-min class
Sun: 9-mile run
Total: 20 miles + six 90-min BY classes +

I don't think you will hear me complaining about low weekly mileage anymore. I am sore. I am feeling it now !

No comments:

Post a Comment