HIDE IN BED? Noooo, you take one or two days off and continue with cross-training. Remember my previous post and Nike's motto "Life is a sport. Make it count". This is exactly what I did this week. After pinching a never on my right leg during Bikram Yoga class, I was feeling devastated. I couldn't run. It felt like sciatica.
I could have taken the week off but I went for some Zumba and used the elliptical trainer at the gym. It really helped. I also did a lot of walking this week. Thanks to my husband for pushing me and giving me alternate exercise ideas.
This is an old picture with my friend Victoria and the famous instructors Nathan Blake and Bradley Sutton
Just in case, you never heard of Zumba. It's a dance fitness program that incorporates moves from hip-hop, samba, salsa, merengue, mambo and belly dancing. Before I discovered Bikram Yoga and got the running bug, life was all about Zumba.
I am including two routines by Nathan Blake (2 different styles), so you get an idea what this is all about. Feel free to skip if you are allergic to Zumba or dancing :-) I know some of my friends are.
I also made an appointment for a deep tissue massage to get ready for my Tinkerbell Half Marathon at the end of the week.
This was my weekly workout summary:
| Mon: | REST |
| Tue: | 90-min ZUMBA + 200 crunches |
| Wed: | 3 mile walk + 200 crunches |
| Thu: | 3-mile walk + 40-min elliptical trainer |
| Fri: | 3-mile walk |
| Sat: | Tinkerbell Kid's race |
| Sun: | Tinkerbell Half Marathon |
| Total: | 13.1 mile run + 9 mile walk |
It's not great but at least I didn't give up. Plus, I ran a good half marathon on Sunday, considering. Race recap coming up soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment