| Mon: | 4-mile (hill)run |
| Tue: | 4-mile run + 90-min Bikram Yoga |
| Wed: | 4-mile (hill)run + 90-min Bikram Yoga + |
| Thu: | 4-mile run + 90-min Bikram Yoga |
| Fri: | 4-mile run |
| Sat: | 11-mile trail run |
| Sun: | REST |
| Total: | 31 miles (49km) and 3 BY classes |
I was planning on running 15 miles on Saturday but my running coach surprised us with a challenging 9-mile trail run which I complemented with a couple of miles on asphalt. We started at Fletcher Cove, near Solana Beach.
We ran for a couple of miles before entering the San Elijo Lagoon. I've seen this place before from the highway many times but I had no idea that these trails existed. It was surprisingly beautiful! Apparently, it's one of the few remaining coastal wetlands in San Diego County.
This was my second trail run to date, a 6.5 mile stretch near the coast. The course was an out-and-back traversing varying terrains. There were several narrow paths which meant we had to keep up with the pace. Also, there were pockets of loose sand which made it difficult to run by. However, the course was nice, the temperatures were ideal and everything felt just right. Oh, runner's high! I found myself running and smiling a lot, thinking how lucky I was for having all of this. I think I've fallen in love with the trails sans the sandy terrain.
After this run, we had a seminar on speed training. We went over the exercises that we'll be doing in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to this. I've done speed-work on my own in the past but this will be my first time with a running group. According to our coach, 4 weeks is the magic number. After 4 weeks, you start experiencing SPEED. ha, we'll see!
After the seminar, I stopped at the Running Skirts store which is only 1-2 miles away and purchased my first
I am hoping to increase mileage significantly over the next few weeks. Rain rain go away!





Good luck with adding some speed work and increasing your mileage. I am jealous about the running skirt store, but it is probably a good thing there isn't one of those in Spokane. My bank account would be in HUGE trouble!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tasha! If you ever come to San Diego to run the RnRor any other race, make sure to stop by this store. It's pretty cool! I think I am going to sign up for RnR Seattle this summer. Are you running it?
DeleteBueno una vez desaparecidas las alergias, no hay escusas para gastar zapatillas, porque el maratón de Madrid es una prueba exigente.. yo lo he corrido y es durito, si todo me va bien en el maratón de Barcelona, igual estoy en Madrid... junto a todos vosotros.
ReplyDeleteBieeeen! Si te apuntas al maraton de Madrid, tendremos que conocerlos!
DeleteFor the speed work I suggest the 10-20-30 training as you get a great workout from it.
ReplyDeleteI would loved to have been in that shop with you!
You are training so much that I think I'll be the one trying to keep up with you in Madrid! By the way what time group are you starting with?
Lynne - I've been doing the 10-20-30 every other day since you sent me that link in Facebook. I loooooove it! Gracias chica! If you ever come to San Diego, I'll definitely take you to this store. BTW, did you know that Competitor group, the one that organizes the RnR races is based in San Diego? Yep, RnR San Diego is the original. You should come an run with me!
DeleteAs for the estimated finishing time, I put 4:30 for the RnR Madrid but I might end up running it in 5:00 hr. Who knows? I am not a hills fan.
It looks like we'll be running together then :-)
DeleteI also put 4:30 but like you I'm expecting around 5:00 hours as I HATE hills too!
Well I am planning a California trip in 2014 and I suppose I'll just have to arrange it around RnR San Diego won't I ;-)
YES to EVERYTHING except hills! We'll run together in Madrid, San Diego and who knows where else ;)
DeleteLove too!!
DeleteAre you taking me out on the town on the Friday night in Madrid? Not drinking much of course ;-)
Yeaaaah, we'll figure something out :)
DeleteToma ya! Descansando solo un día a la semana! Me alegro que la alergia te haya dado tregua y puedas seguir con tus entrenamientos. Vamos que ya no queda nada!
ReplyDeletePD: esos paisajes no pueden ser verdad! vaya lujo correr por ahí, no?
52 dias. Ya no queda nada. Que nervios, por favor! Aqui estamos apretando un poquitillo para recuperar el tiempo perdido. Que tal lo llevas? Ahora mismo me doy un paseo por tu blog :)
DeleteEn cuanto a los paisajes, la verdad es que San Diego es precioso pero Madrid tambien, eh? No sabes la envidia cochina que me das. Lo que daria yo por estar en los madriles en este momento.
La verdad es que no se como lo llevo, creo que estoy siendo presa del miedo,jejeje y todavái es demasiado pronto para ello, no?
DeleteRespecto a lo del monitor cardiaco que me preguntas en mi blog, yo uso el sensor que venía con el Forerunner 305 y me parece muy util. Comparar tus pulsaciones de un entrenamiento a otro es la mejor manera de ver si tu cuerpo va asimilando el ejercicio. Yo te lo recomiendo ;)
Yo tengo el Forerunner 110 que también tiene monitor cardiaco pero nunca lo uso. Me lo voy a poner mañana a ver que tal. Por cierto, yo creo que lo llevas muy bien chica. Nervios, alegrias, ilusiones. Yo creo que es normal sentir esa montaña rusa de emociones antes del maratón, aunque todavía quedan 52 días :-)
DeleteI had no idea there was a running skirt store in Encinitas! I'll have to stop on the way home one night. Encintas is a beautiful place to run.
ReplyDeleteHi Patty - Thanks for stopping by :) I just visited your blog. Looks like we are both running the SD Half at Petco and Hot Chocolate. Good luck at both races! And yes, check out the RS skirt in Encinitas. It's super cute!
DeletePues nada, enhorabuena por tu vuelta a los kilometrajes altos, y a poner la directa. Por alla es com por acá, en las tiendas de running, mas de el 70 por ciento esta dedicado a las feminas ,modelitos, colorines, porque sera? Definitivamente os gastáis mas plata que nosotros. Un beso.
ReplyDeleteGracias Tomas! Aquí recuperando el tiempo perdido que sino después me arrepiento, verdad? Haz corrido la maratón de Madrid alguna vez? Por lo visto el 90% de los corredores son hombres mientras que en los "estates" pasa justo lo contrario. Según el grupo Competitor, el 60% de los participantes de los RnR son mujeres. Quizás por eso, es que ofrezcan mas ropa femenina, mas colorines. Lo que me pregunto es si se ven muchos disfraces en las carreras en España. Me podrias decir?
Delete