As you can see in my picture, it was purple rain. Ok I must admit. I Photoshop'ed the picture. But YES, it was pouring!. My kids (a 3-year old and 6-year old), however, didn't care. They proudly ran it all the way. Actually, my 6-year old daughter tricked me to think she was tired towards the end. "Let's walk, mommy" she said. When I slowed down ready to walk, she took off with a big smile on her face. LOL. I think we have a future competitive runner in the family.
I totally recommend this race to anyone living or visiting SoCal. It's a pretty nice deal. For $20, you get:
- Legoland race shirt.
- Finisher's medal
- Free 1-day child Hopper ticket LEGOLAND California and Sealife (valued $71)
- 50% discount for an adult ticket
- Complementary drink, snacks and lots of entertainment.
- And the satisfaction of completing a race. My daughter was all smiles after it.
This was my weekly workout summary:
| Mon: | REST |
| Tue: | 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:30pm + 200 crunches |
| Wed: | 5.5 mile run (hills) + 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:30pm + 200 crunches |
| Thu: | 3-mile run (hills) + 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:30pm + 200 crunches |
| Fri: | 200 crunches |
| Sat: | Kids Marathon Mile at LEGOLAND |
| Sun: | 5-mile run (tempo) |
| Total: | 13.5 mile |
Notice the low mileage? On the not-so-positive side, on Thursday night I pulled a muscle during yoga. It was extremely painful. I finished the class but I couldn't return next day nor complete my usual lunch run. On Sunday, I was planning on running 10-miles but stopped at 5. I didn't want to push too hard before my Tinkerbell Half Marahon coming up next weekend. Well, at least I cross-trained, right?



Hello. This is Jan, I saw your comment in my blog regarding Madrid's marathon "flat" course. I know that you are Spanish, but if you don't mind, I will practise my rusty English ;)
ReplyDeleteAs you have lived in Madrid, you know that it is impossible to prepare a flat course in this city, there are hills everywhere. However, the race is not impossibly hard, the only problem is that most of the hard climb comes at the end of the race. And a second problem is the weather, Madrid at the end of April is usually warm (or hot, two years ago 25-27ªC). But it is a fun race through a beautiful scenery and with plenty of animation.
By the way, I was reading your blog and we share some views on life... I have been a vegetarian (nearly vegan) for 25 years now.
I will keep on reading you
Jan
No me digas que eres vegetariano? Por favor, recomiéndame algún restaurante delicioso. El grupo "Igualdad Animal" me envío una lista extensa de sitios en Madrid, pero no se por donde empezar:
DeleteLoving Hut - Calle de los Reyes, 11 - VEGANO * Este también lo hay aquí pero no me gusta porque la dueña esta un poco majareta y es casi una secta. No se si sabes de lo que va pero ella piensa que es una enviada del cielo y que en el planeta martes existió vida pero los marcianos fueron aniquilados porque no eran veganos. Vamos se le va la olla. Su libro con sus teorias lo puedes encontrar en todos sus restaurantes.
Shi-Shang - Concepción Arena, 3 - bufett chino VEGETARIANO (mucha opción vegana)
Maoz - Calle Mayor, 4 - fast food VEGETARIANO (mucha opción vegana)
Menudavida - Calle del Barco, 45 - VEGETARIANO
Viva la Vida - Calle de las Huertas, 57 - VEGETARIANO
Yerbabuena - Bordadores, 3 - VEGETARIANO
Crucina - Divino Pastor, 3 - CRUDIVEGANO
Has visitado alguno de estos sitios? Yo cuando vivía en Madrid ( hace 15 años) comía mucha carne pero ahora soy vegetariana tirando al veganismo. A mi familia que no la veo desde hace 2 años, bueno desde que soy vegetariana, les va a chocar. Son los típicos que te dicen "bueno vale no comes carne pero unas chuletas de cordero si, verdad?" uf, ya me lo veo.
Oye que bien hablas ingles, Jan! Gracias por los consejos y por subir el perfil altimétrico de la carrera a tu blog. Jo, que diferencia! Casi me atraganto :-) Pero no le cojas manía a los yankees que no tienen la culpa ;) Yo mas o menos me conozco las 2/3 partes del recorrido sobre todo la zona de la Castellana, Moncloa, Guzman El Bueno, Alberto Aguilera, el parque del oeste y sus "preciosas" cuestecillas y la Avenida Valladolid por las zampadas que me daba en Casa Mingo.. cuando era carnívora :-) Lo que no conozco bien es la zona del puente de Segovia, mas bien el ultimo tramo y parece que es duro.