Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

May 2012 bring you love, peace, health and many happy miles! Do you have a fitness resolution for 2012? These are some of mine:

- Have visible abs by Sept 4th, my birthday.


Like Elizabeth Amber's minus the PhotoShop'ing

Challenges:

-Do 200 crunches, sit-ups and/or pushups five times a week until April 12th

- Rebooting For Life (Entry Program - A 15 day journey to wellness). Basically, I am going to be juicing and blending produce as well as eating raw and cooked vegetables and fruits for the next 15 days. More info here


- Run a half marathon in less than 2 hours.

- Successful complete the RNR Madrid Marathon and the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.

- Practice Bikram Yoga x4/week, minimum.

- Eat 366 apples or 1 apple a day. Learn how to peel an apple in a single long strip.


Talking about apples, I just signed up for the New York City Marathon lottery. IF When I win this year, I need someone to remind me that the plan is to run it in 2013 and not this year. I am just signing up this year to increase my chances. Winning an entry to the NYM really feels like winning the lottery. I totally recommend it to everyone. It's the mother of all marathons. Although, some people might argue that this title is reserved for Boston :-) Hey, I am a true New Yorker, at heart.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your goals. Especially the 200 crunches, situps or pushups and an apple a day. Seems like a good thing for me to try. I admire you so much for trying to get to Bikram 4x a week. I just want to get it in once a month. I know, I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madison! I admire you for running a sub 1:45 half. I'll be happy with a sub-2 this year. Looking forward to reading about the bodyrock and your 100push up challenge. I might join in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! with the feet on the ground!!
    I like the apple challenge! I will try to copy it!
    I hope to meet you here in Madrid!
    Ohh you win the NYC marathon lottery! wow!! finally I know somebody that really get it!!
    I hope that in this new year 2012 you get all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias Tania! Acabo de visitar tu blog. No sabia que vivias en Madrid. Que suerte, chica! Vas a participar en el maraton de Madrid en abril? Lo has corrido anteriormente? A ver si nos conocemos! Por las fotos parece que no hay muchas chicas atletas en esta carrera :( Aghghg. Un saludo muy grande a la madre patria.

    ReplyDelete