Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nike+ Virtual Half Marathon

I just found out about this Nike+ Virtual Half Marathon coming up this Sunday. Here are the details (from Nike's website):

When: January 15th.
Where: Run where you are, anywhere in the world. Plot the course of your choice with Nike+ and join us in crossing a virtual finish line on the big day.
Distance: Minimum of a Half Marathon (13.1 miles or more).
Register: Cost is $40.
Registration site: https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/79166

My pros:
- I need to run 10-miles on Sunday anyway.
- It's only $40 and it benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- I can plot my own course and determine my own starting time.
- The finisher bracelet is beautiful.


My cons:
- It's 3 miles more than scheduled.
- Sunday is my last day on the "Reboot Your Life" program. I am not sure I can survive a half marathon distance on juices. Hmm... Debating, debating.


If you are reading this and decide to sign, join Team Victorius. If they get the biggest team you win an automatic chance to enter the SF Nike Women's Marathon on October. Now, I haven't ran the SF Nike Women's Marathon yet but the idea of getting a Tiffany's necklace instead of a finisher medal brings a smile to my face :-)

For more info @ Team Victorius, do a Facebook search for "Victorious 2012 Nike+WHM".

2 comments:

  1. The bracelet is pretty cool. If I wasn't already running Houston on Sunday I would do this! Of course it might be kind of cool to say that I ran 2 HM in 1 day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha- I think you can do it. All you need to do is registered, then use the Nike+ app during your Houston race and upload the data to Nike afterwards. I know some people running AZ that are doing this.

    ReplyDelete