I still managed to complete all my scheduled runs except a 3 mile one. I am very happy about it. I can't say the same about Bikram Yoga. I missed quite a few classes. I must do better next week.
The highlight this week was the 12-mile run along the coast from Del Mar to Encinitas. I started at 6:45am and I planned to be back at the parking lot at 9:00am since the parking was only free until then. The race course was beautiful, with a refreshing sea breeze, inviting campsites ... Only one problem, one hour into running, delicious smells started emerging in the air. I ran along a dozen of restaurants that were just opening their doors and terraces, offering delicious brunches. It was hard to run. I just felt like stopping and grabbing a bite. I also spotted a new Whole Foods around Encinitas. Very dangerous! I finished with my 12-mile run around 9:10. In my parking spot, there was a policeman ready to give me a ticket. Lucky me, I got away with a BIG nice smile :-)
Afterwards, I decided to stop at this new Whole Foods to get something to eat and drink. Note to self: don't do this again, especially after a run. This is what I bought:
- six pack beer
- 2 yerba mate drinks
- 2 bottles of water
- 2 black tea drinks
- 2 boxes of mangos
Weekly Summary
| Mon: | REST |
| Tue: | 90-min Bikram Yoga at 6:00am |
| Wed: | REST - BACK-TO-SCHOOL |
| Thu: | 6 mile run |
| Fri: | 3 mile run |
| Sat: | REST |
| Sun: | 12-mile run |
| Total: | 21 miles + one 90-min BY classes |
Since I told you that I was feeling like "Horace in Space", I am finishing this post with the Beastie Boys and their Intergalactic song. Very appropriate for this week!
From the Hudson River out to the Nike I [will] run the marathon to the very last mile
No comments:
Post a Comment